You do not have to do anything specific other than brush your teeth before coming in for your teeth whitening treatment. You may want to put some lip balm on just before your appointment as your lips will dry slightly. (we supply this in the clinic anyway)
It is not necessary to have your teeth cleaned and scraped at the dentist prior to your whitening treatment, we do however recommend your usual 6 months regular check-ups at the dentist.
When you arrive
- You will be greeted by one of our friendly technicians.
- The technician will go through everything with you, do a consultation and answer any questions you may have.
- You will sit back and relax in the soothing environment. We will insert the cheek retractor, take a shade measurement and apply the blue seal barrier. This is a thin rubber mould that sits along the gum line of the teeth.
- We will apply the whitening gel and activate the laser light which will start the first 10-12 minute session.
- After the first session is completed we will reapply a new layer of tooth whitening gel and start the second 10-14 minute session.
- Repeat step 5 to complete the third 10-14 minute session.
- We remove the cheek retractor and blue seal barrier, which conveniently comes out altogether and you will see your new dazzling white smile in the mirror.
After Care Notes
For the following 24 hours After Treatment you must:
Avoid cigarettes for 24 hours minimum.
Drinks you can have:
Still or Sparkling water, Tonic water. Lemonade, Skimmed milk only
Drinks not to have:
Tea ( deepest staining ), Coffee, Cola, Orange, No fizzy drinks etc
Alcoholic Drinks (clear liquids only):
Vodka, Malibu, Vodka Ice, Gin, White Wine
Alcoholic not to have:
Red Wine, Beer, Guinness, Any alcohol with a colour!
Food must be white only:
Chicken must be dry or boiled ( no fat ), Turkey, White Fish, White Rice, White Pasta with a white sauce only, Cauliflower, Cottage cheese
Food not to have Vegetables:
Carrots, peas, Sweet corn, Broccoli, Green beans, Sprouts, Mushrooms etc.
Potatoes you can have:
Mashed, Boiled, Baked ( you must take the skin off )
Food not to have Salad:
No beetroot, Tomatoes, Red/Green Lettuce, etc.
Rice Krispies with Skimmed milk, nothing with wheat in it.
- from Bread but you can have thin slice of White Pita Bread.
- from all fruit apart from Bananas because most fruit is Acidic.
- from sauces like Bolognaise but White Pasta sauce is fine. Note all creams, margarine and butter to avoid. Chewing gum is fine but no Chocolates, Sweets, etc.
If you have had an early or afternoon treatment you should only brush your teeth with white toothpaste do not use any coloured mouthwash for 48 Hours
If you had a late night treatment do not brush your teeth tonight and then tomorrow use only white toothpaste and no coloured mouthwash.
It is advisable that you use a soft toothbrush while on the white diet.